We have a varied and playful summer program for you at Vitenfabrikken this summer!
New for the summer:
- Our new exhibition “Turi-kumlokk” is about manhole covers in Sandnes.
- Particle physics exhibiton.
- Activity booklet for the center of Sandnes, follow the path of manholes (from week 27)
- Our newly opened Makerspace is open on specific dates this summer. Join our hosts in exciting activities!
- “Bånn Gass” show in the auditorium.
- Our planetarium has at least 6 shows per day and a few are in English.
- Green Lab activities – fun do-it-yourself projects with a little help from our hosts.
- Tesla coil demonstration – experience 500,000 volts!
- Our visitors workshop has many activities throughout the summer. For example Beebot familie workshop and cast your own mini-manhole.
- The Planet path booklet. Walk or bike your way through the Planet Path which starts in Sandved park. Pick up your booklet in the reception.
Meet Vitenfabrikken’s very own live-in robot, Miss Mobi! Either in her very own house or out and about in the exhibiton. Test if she can speak English.
Pocket Park with flowers and insect hotel. Taste your way through the park, there are berries and herbs. Outside main entrance.
“Science on a bike” – Vitenfabrikken’s busking bike will be out and about in Sandnes center this summer demonstrating fun science facts.
Fair weather experiences – If the sun is out, our sun telescope (on our roof terrace) will be available to look closely at our fantastic sun!
The town history exhibition, the oat mill and Abel loft are closed this summer as we are refurbishing the building, but we will soon have more exciting exhibitions for our visitors!
Use our summer pass when you visit several of our departments, and win a prize! (coming soon) Ask for more information in the reception.
Our exciting gift shop is open all summer, and we have a great selection of gifts for all ages. Replenish your energy in our cafe Brain food. Choose from our well stocked shelves and treat yourself!