Joins us this last week of our summer program! We are open from 11:00 to 17:00 the rest of the week.
Highlights of the week:
- Moonwalk – your movements are mirrored by the astronaut on the moon screen.
- Abelloftet – over 50 mathematical experiments and activities.
- LEGO-room -build to your heart’s content in our room with 1000’s of Lego and Duplo pieces.
- Planetarium – travel into space, to the stars and galaxies. Several films and shows every day. Mostly in Norwegian but some for English speaking visitors.
- Tesla-coil demonstration – can you capture a 700,000 volt light arc?
- Domino and marble run – only your imagination can limit what you can build here.
- Public workshop – we have a varied selection of activities this week. Check at reception what the activity of the day is.
- Observation terrace – if the sun is shining (yes it has happened this summer!) there are sun activities on top of the building.
- NEW! Øglænd – a new exhibition about the industrial history of Sandnes. See DBS bikes, Tempo mopeds and clothes produced in Sandnes.
- NEW! Mini exhibition of the works of designer Inger Waage. Beautiful ceramics from Stavanger Flint and Figgjo.
- NEW! Science show “Flames and colour” – join the hunt for new colours by examining light, color and flames!
While in Sandnes, why not take a look at:
- The pocket park – outside the entrance is our new Lommepark, where you can take a breather and see our plants thriving in bio coal.
- The Planet Path – centrally located in Sandved park in Sandnes. Walk or bike past our solar system in scale 1:1 billion. Get your activity booklet in the reception (in Norwegian)
- Check out the webpage UTISANDNES for tips on what else to do during your visit to our town.
Remember – your entrance ticket to Vitenfabrikken is valid the same day, at all of Jærmuseet’s museums and science centers. Make a day of it!
- We are open from Tuesday to Sunday from 11:00 to 17:00.
- Find all ticket prices here.
- More information on parking here.
- We have a well stocked café, with a varied selection of food and drink. Only food purchased at Vitenfabrikken can be consumed on the premises.
- Our exciting science shop is full of experiments, so you can continue learning and exploring at home. We have a good selection of gifts for all ages.
- Vitenfabrikken is easy to visit with wheel chairs and prams.
- Children visiting us on their own, have to be a minimum of 10 years old. We are not able to keep an eye on children that are here without adult supervision.
Visit 4 of our branches and receive a prize! Remember to get your Summer pass stamped.
From next week we are still open for visitors, the schools year has started so there are class visits and the program is focused around them. You are welcome to visit all our exhibitons which are open all year round. The planetarium show is at 13:30.